Some fun facts.
- We have had as few as 5 healthy puppies, incidentally all were female.
- We once had 15 puppies, all lived!
- One time we had 12 puppies, 11 were female, 1 lucky boy lives in Alaska
- For some reason we get more females than males historically. As you may know gender is determined by the Y Chromosome supplied by the dad :}
- I would say over roughly 2/3rds of our puppies are picked up here in person. Many folks drive hours or have long flights, then still drive 3 hours to get their puppy. I probably fly the other 1/3 all across the States and Canada. I am very interactive and sensitive to my folks that must pick out their puppy online, I dont want them to miss the experience.
- I love every part of the Griffon Raising Process. I love the excitement and drama of birth. I love the genetics and selection of our breeding stock. I love talking to you all, and the continued support we can give. I love seeing you guys with your new family member. I love owning these beautiful, talented and troublesome dogs, I wouldn't have it any other way.
- Birth happens at all hours, my sign is usually lack of interest in food about 12 hours prior to birth, nesting or digging behavior, and being particularly needy. I can relate with all these things personally, I did have 5 children myself.
- As a whole usually puppies arrive roughly about every 30 - 45 minutes, though sometimes a couple are born consecutively.
- Mommies that have large litters need help at the end of delivery often they are so tired they barely are able to get the pups pushed out let alone clean them all.